Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon
10-15-19, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 12:30 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon
Thanks Chuck. This was good information that has helped me understand better what what I might want. I'll admit that although I have hundreds maybe even a thousand plus hours with my current transducer and MDF (lowerance HDS 7 gen2) but I don't know the technicalities of transducers. Although I have been doing some research which leads me to my next questions.

1. Is the RV-100 also a chirp traditional sonar or does the Chirp only apply to the down, side, and RealVision modes?

2. I'm leaning towards the M260 but I noticed it's not a Chirp transducer. Is Chirp something that will give more definition in regards to locating fish and bottom composition, what is the Chirp advantage?

3. Based on the MFD selection ( 2 Axiom pros and one Axiom 9) and fishing environment what would be the top of the line? What would a pro fisherman use in this case?

My thoughts are to do it once, and to do it right. I don't want to buy something I don't need but I'm more that willing to spend more money on something that will make a large difference .

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Choosing transducer for Axiom. Fishing Oregon - lukerabun - 10-15-19 09:59 PM