Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
11-14-19, 01:16 PM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Walter,

Q2a. Can I run the red SeaTalk SeaTalkng converter power cable through the dash switch?
A2a. I'm not certain which switch you are referring to. I simply recommend that it be interfaced to a 12VDC power circuit which may be switched OFF when the system will not be used.

Q2b. That converter will not need to be under constant power, correct? It will power the bus when switched on allowing me to keep the switch in line, power and connect the ST60 if i'm right.
A2b. The SeaTalkng backbone need not be under constant power. It need only be powered when the system is in use. The SeaTalkng backbone will power the SeaTalk bus via the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter ... this supplying power to any ST60 instruments, etc. which have been interfaced to and are designed to be powered from a SeaTalk bus.

Q3a. The e125 will be powered by the R62379 power/data/video cable. How does connecting to the, now powered, SeaTalkng converter handle that?
A3a. The two are unrelated to one another and each must be powered.

Q3b. Does it get power from the bus, sense it's being powered by the larger power/data/video cable or something else i'm missing?
A3b. The e125 is not powered by the SeaTalkng backbone.

Q3a. Will the e125 on the SeaTalk network and Sea Ray Navigator on the NMEA in port on the 150G conflict?
A3a. The system which you will be creating cannot automatically coordinate mastership of navigation ... as would a system of compatible MFD which had been interfaced to one another. Accordingly, the operator must ensure that only one navigation data source will be sending commands to the autopilot at any time. Accordingly, should navigation (Go To waypoint / cursor or follow route) be commanded by either system, then it will be necessary to command that system to stop navigation (ex. Stop Follow) on that system prior to commanding navigation from the other system.

Q2b. Of course, I want the e125 to be the master. Currently, the Navigator provides Plotting, GPS, depth (through its own transducer) and a route to the pilot if I activate one. All this via that NMEA 2 in. I don't plan to activate routes and am keeping it for backup, underwater topography and a few others things. Not knowing message order priority, I was concerned because there is almost always a discrepancy in depth and GPS from one device to the other.
A2b. Within such systems, I would typically recommend that physical switch(es) be installed between the NMEA 0183 output between the MFD and autopilot course computer as well as between the SeaTalk bus (coming from the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter) and the SeaTalk port of the autopilot course computer to ensure that only one device will be transmitting navigation and GPS data to the autopilot course computer at any time. In the case of the latter the SeaTalk Cable's data (yellow) lead would be switched.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-14-19 01:16 PM