Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
01-02-20, 09:55 AM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Walter,

Q1. Some of the A06047/A06073 cables I've seen, as advertised anyway, have what appear to be SeaTalk 1 to white SeaTalk ng ends. Some have SeaTalk 1 to Yellow SeaTalk ng type ends (like the one that came in my converter kit). This cable pictured is being advertised as an A06073 1M cable. Does it look like the proper cable to connect the P70R to the 150G?
A1. Aside from cable length, the only difference between the A06047/A06073 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cables referenced and the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is the color of the SeaTalkng spur plug used within the cable's construction. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is simply color coded to assist installers in identifying the socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to which the cable should be connected.

Q2. Plan to plug yellow end into the P70R and cut/strip end of SeaTalk 1 side to connect to 150G SeaTalk block's R, Y, Screen for P70R data and power. I'll use same PN cable to connect second SeaTalk block to yellow port on converter. Is this correct?
A2. I suspect that the vendor posted an incorrect photo, as the A06047/A06073 cables are both terminated with a white SeaTalkng spur plug. However, as indicated above, it should not matter whether the cable has been terminated with a white spur plug or yellow SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Adapter plug.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-20 09:55 AM