Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Boat in a box
11-15-19, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-15-19 10:46 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Boat in a box
2008 Robalo and I assume the plotter is original :
Raymarine
-Model C90W
-SEATALK hs network switch
-DSM30 sonar module (not
sure which transducer)
-RD1418D 4KW digital Radome

I'd like to go with the Raymarine axiom 12 boat in a box. comes with a 12" axiom, 9" axiom,transducer,hub, vhf radio (mine is broken anyway) and transducer.

I'd like opinions on the boat in a box setup. It looks to me like a good value as an axiom 12 mfd display by itself is only a few hundred less.

Is this setup compatible with my existing radome?

Will I need any exttra parts to get the axiom to talk to the new transducer? I assume my existing through hull transducer connected to MFD through DSM30 will no longer be used, not sure if thats the case.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-19, 11:10 AM
RE: [CA11] Boat in a box
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dkn1997,

Q1. Is this setup compatible with my existing radome?
A1. Yes

Q2. Will I need any exttra parts to get the axiom to talk to the new transducer?
A2. Yes. The RD1418D radome may be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch by disconnecting the corresponding SeaTalkhs Cable from the C-Series Widescreen MFD, connecting an A80160 RayNet (F) to SThs (F) Socket Adapter Cable to the SeaTalkhs Cable, and then plugging the other end of the adapter into the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

For planing hulls, I generally recommend that both a RV transducer(s) and a 50kHz/200kHz transducer be used with the system. The 50kHz/200kHz transducer would typically be relied upon for tracking bottom while on plane and when operating in deeper waters. No additional parts need be purchased to support fishfinder features ... as long as:

- the RV-100 transducer's 8m cable will be sufficiently long. RV transducer cable extensions are available; or

- the currently installed transducer will not additionally be interfaced to the Axiom MFD. In the case of the latter an A80492 Y-Cable will need be be installed; or

- the DSM30 will not be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Although officially not supported (i.e. not officially tested), the DSM30 may be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. As sonar performance is typically best when using dedicated sonar modules, it is commonly recommended that this option be considered if one has an operational DSM30 or DSM300. If the DSM30 or DSM300 has been observed to be experiencing reliability issues, then this option should be bypassed. The DSM may be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch by disconnecting the corresponding SeaTalkhs Cable from the C-Series Widescreen MFD, connecting an A80160 RayNet (F) to SThs (F) Socket Adapter Cable to the SeaTalkhs Cable, and then plugging the other end of the adapter into the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply