Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Problem with depth
11-20-19, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-19 06:15 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Problem with depth
Hello. I have triducter DST800V, ITC 5 and i70s on sailboat. First it started to show depth strange data. Now it shows just three dashes. ITC 5 depth led is slow continuous pulse - searching for lock. Other data from triducter are ok. Where is the mistake? What I have to do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-19, 04:23 AM
RE: [LW11] Problem with depth
Dear Vita,

Thank you for your post.

Have you connected the screen from the transducer to the speed or depth on the iTC-5?

It requires connecting to the depth, otherwise the transducer will not function correctly.

I look forward to your response.

Many Thanks
Louise
12-03-19, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-19 03:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Louise,

Everything was working perfectly for one year. Then the boat was on the ground for six months and then I applied one layer of antifouling also on the sensor. During the first trip the depth started to flactuate rapidly showing incorrect depth and now it shows only three dashes.
Best regards.
Vita
vitasramek@seznam.cz
12-06-19, 05:05 AM
Dear Vita,

Thank you for your post.

Was your vessel pressure wash when it was lifted out of the water? Is there a possibility the transducer has been washed?

Only a thin layer of water based anti-foul is advised to protect the transducer from growth.

Is the screen from the triducer connected to the depth and not the speed in the iTC-5?

Many Thanks
Louise
12-09-19, 07:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dear Louise,

Yes the vessel was pressure washed but I am not sure if the transducer was washed too or not.

The transducer is connected to the depth correctly.

Best regards,
Vita
12-12-19, 06:27 AM
Dear vita,

Thank you for the post.

Did you use a water based anti-foul or a metal based anti-foul on the transducer? Any other anti-foul other than a waterbased one can cause damage to the transducer face and desensitize its performance.

Check the transducer cable for any breaks and ensure all of the connections are solid, clean and without corrosion.
You can either send the iTC-5 to us for testing in our service department via our website here.
We can then determine if the iTC-5 is faulty or the transducer.

Many Thanks
Louise