Raymarine forum
Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic (/showthread.php?tid=1273)

Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic - Midnightsun - 06-28-16 03:15 AM

I am thinking of upgrading the MFD on my 2007 Carver 41CMY. The engines are twin d6-370 Volvo diesels with EVC displays at the helm. (single helm) All electronics are original when purchased new so 2006-2007 model year

I am really liking the new ES series and wifi capability however I am worried that most everything will not work unless I change everything which will not be cost effective in the end.

Presently I have the following.

E-Series Classic 8”
ST 70 (2 units)
ST60 Depth
ST 8002 SmartPilot controller
SmartController
Radar RD424 4KW 24" Radome

Please tell me what works and what does not IF I want to go with a new es-series 9” MFD and how to approach this.

Also, is there any conversion device for Volvo EVC to be able to get instrumentation on the MFD.

RE: Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-28-16 12:41 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Midnightsun,

With the exception of the RD424 radome, all of the items listed are compatible or may be adapted for use within an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of an E-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. The Volvo D6 engines may be interfaced to the system via Raymarine's ECI-100 Engine Gateway. Please click herehere to view more information concerning the ECI-100 and interfacing it with Volvo engines.

RE: Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic - Midnightsun - 06-28-16 07:42 PM

This is good news, thanks for the quick reply.

What is the difference between the A series and the Es series except for the hybrid knob/touch screen?

RE: Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-29-16 12:57 PM

Midnightsun,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing your latest question.