Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic
06-28-16, 03:15 AM
Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic
I am thinking of upgrading the MFD on my 2007 Carver 41CMY. The engines are twin d6-370 Volvo diesels with EVC displays at the helm. (single helm) All electronics are original when purchased new so 2006-2007 model year

I am really liking the new ES series and wifi capability however I am worried that most everything will not work unless I change everything which will not be cost effective in the end.

Presently I have the following.

E-Series Classic 8”
ST 70 (2 units)
ST60 Depth
ST 8002 SmartPilot controller
SmartController
Radar RD424 4KW 24" Radome

Please tell me what works and what does not IF I want to go with a new es-series 9” MFD and how to approach this.

Also, is there any conversion device for Volvo EVC to be able to get instrumentation on the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-16, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-16 12:44 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Upgrade Compatibility From E-Serie Classic
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Midnightsun,

With the exception of the RD424 radome, all of the items listed are compatible or may be adapted for use within an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of an E-Series Classic MFD with an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD. The Volvo D6 engines may be interfaced to the system via Raymarine's ECI-100 Engine Gateway. Please click herehere to view more information concerning the ECI-100 and interfacing it with Volvo engines.
06-28-16, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-16 12:56 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
This is good news, thanks for the quick reply.

What is the difference between the A series and the Es series except for the hybrid knob/touch screen?
06-29-16, 12:57 PM
Midnightsun,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing your latest question.