Raymarine forum
Updating to a newer display screen - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Updating to a newer display screen (/showthread.php?tid=2337)

Updating to a newer display screen - Sealistial - 01-10-17 12:04 AM

Hello,

I currently have a C80 multifunction unit attached to a Raymarine Radar and a Smart pilot ST8002 Raymarine auto pilot. I would like to upgrade to a larger display, but I don't know if the newer Raymarine units are backwards compatible. I really don't want to replace everything else since it works fine. Can anyone help, thank you.

RE: Updating to a newer display screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-11-17 09:09 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sealistial,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. ST8002 is the product name for an autopilot control head which was compatible with a number of autopilot course computers. Should you respond with the model of autopilot course computer which has been installed onboard, then I would be able to indicate how it may be interfaced to the new system.

RE: Updating to a newer display screen - Sealistial - 01-19-17 12:39 AM

I have a friend that has an E120 display that he is willing to give me. I am curious if it will work just by swapping out my current c80 unit and without changing anything else. All he has is the display unit which would give me a 12 inch screen. This is for my smaller boat, so I just don't want to go into the expense of a whole new system like I just went through on my large boat. Will it work or does the modules, etc need to be changed out as well?

RE: Updating to a newer display screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-19-17 09:09 AM

Sealistial,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Classic MFD with an E-Series Classic MFD.