Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating to a newer display screen
01-10-17, 12:04 AM
Updating to a newer display screen
Hello,

I currently have a C80 multifunction unit attached to a Raymarine Radar and a Smart pilot ST8002 Raymarine auto pilot. I would like to upgrade to a larger display, but I don't know if the newer Raymarine units are backwards compatible. I really don't want to replace everything else since it works fine. Can anyone help, thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-17, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-17 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Updating to a newer display screen
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sealistial,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. ST8002 is the product name for an autopilot control head which was compatible with a number of autopilot course computers. Should you respond with the model of autopilot course computer which has been installed onboard, then I would be able to indicate how it may be interfaced to the new system.
01-19-17, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-19-17 09:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I have a friend that has an E120 display that he is willing to give me. I am curious if it will work just by swapping out my current c80 unit and without changing anything else. All he has is the display unit which would give me a 12 inch screen. This is for my smaller boat, so I just don't want to go into the expense of a whole new system like I just went through on my large boat. Will it work or does the modules, etc need to be changed out as well?
01-19-17, 09:09 AM
Sealistial,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of a C-Series Classic MFD with an E-Series Classic MFD.