Raymarine forum
[CA] a Series Splash Screen - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] a Series Splash Screen (/showthread.php?tid=4715)

[CA] a Series Splash Screen - bpyoung - 02-06-18 12:26 PM

I followed the instructions to load a 'splash screen' on to my 2 a Series units (a127 and a128) and didn't have any luck.

I resized the picture and downloaded the 2 files on a 16gb card. After attempting to load the new splash screen, it didn't work. And when I looked at the files on the card again, the 3 original files were on it in, but also looks like 3 more were put on by the machine. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-06-18 04:29 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bpyoung,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should you have followed the procedures specified within the referenced FAQ and should the problem persist, then please provide the PNG file along with the rayatom.upgrade.08.sh & rayatom.upgrade.08.sh.sig to a response to this post for further analysis. It is recommended that these three files be copied into a ZIP folder than that the ZIP folder be attached to your response.

RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen - bpyoung - 02-08-18 02:32 PM

Thanks for the response. Attached are the files that I tried to load in to the unit.

RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-08-18 05:24 PM

bpyoung,

I suspect that you have not configured your Windows Explorer to show file extensions, as the name of the PNG file included within your zip folder was found to be "OEM_A12_splash.png (2).png" rather than "OEM_A12_splash.png". Accordingly, I suggested the change to your Windows Explorer configuration settings to show file extensions and then renaming the file to match that specified above.

RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen - bpyoung - 02-08-18 05:31 PM

Thanks....I'll give that a shot when I get back to the boat in a few weeks.

RE: [CA] a Series Splash Screen - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-09-18 08:43 AM

You're welcome.