Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom/RV-100 installation
07-05-17, 04:42 PM
RE: Axiom/RV-100 installation
Thanks for the response and sorry that I failed to post the images correctly.

I knew when I decided to try the RV-100 that my mounting options would be limited. I am satisfied with the data that it is providing at the speeds that it was designed for so I have locked it down for now.

Yesterday I got on the water with both my B-60 and RV-100 connected via a Y-Cable for the first time. It was also my first extended day on the water since installing the Axiom/RV-100. Since much of my trip was spent at planing speeds I mostly stuck with 200 MHz but at slower speeds I used each of the RV-100 channels with good results.

Unfortunately, after about 4 hours I got a warning stating that no transducer was connected and that the unit should be restarted after connecting a transducer. This had happened a few times when the B-60 was connected to my DS500x so I assumed that the problem was probably related to that transducer but when I switched to Downvision, I had similar problems. The error occurred at approximately 10 minute intervals for a couple of hours. Each time, the problem was temporarily corrected by power cycling the MFD.

I'm not sure if its relevant but all of the errors occurred at slower speeds. On the 20 mile run home I did not receive an error but another occurred at the dock as I prepared to shut down.

The Axiom 9 RV is running Software Version: v3.0.66.

Can you offer any suggestions for trouble shooting and correction of the problem?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom/RV-100 installation - JPA - 06-30-17, 12:41 AM
RE: Axiom/RV-100 installation - JPA - 07-05-17 04:42 PM
RE: Axiom/RV-100 installation - JPA - 07-06-17, 12:53 PM
RE: Axiom/RV-100 installation - JPA - 08-04-17, 07:38 AM