Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] T221 Wireless Mast Rotation sensor and wind calculations
02-27-18, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-18 04:15 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] T221 Wireless Mast Rotation sensor and wind calculations
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum galacticair,

Q1a) If I remove the T121 hull transmitter and speed/depth transducers (replacing them with NMEA 2000 data via the Micro-Talk Gateway)?
A1a) Yes, we have system packs like the i70 wireless system pack (T70347) that do this exact calculation.

Q1b) I do not have a Analog Wind display (T112)? I plan to just use the current Dual Display (T111) for wind calibration, and NMEA 2000 displays / plotters after that. My current thinking: so long as the T111 display does all the rotation and wind calculations, then I just need to keep the T111, the T120 wind transducer, and the T221 mast rotation compass, to still have functional mast rotation/wind data (so long as the other necessary input data like HDG, BSP comes in via the Micro-Talk Gateway)? Is that correct?
A1b) Yes

Q2) Does the Axiom MFD recognize/display the mast rotation data from the Micro-Talk Gateway? (the Micro-Talk Gateway manual says that Mast Rotation is passed on to SeaTalk NG, but I'm not sure what for). What does the Axiom do with the mast rotation data, if anything?
A2) The Axiom MFD displays the Mast Rotation angle to viewed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] T221 Wireless Mast Rotation sensor and wind calculations - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-27-18 04:15 PM