Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3
11-07-19, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-19 10:03 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3
Hello nharrison5,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

To answer your questions:
Quote:I can do a factory reset...but would that mean I would have to re-program the autopilot?
A factory reset on the MFD only resets the MFD, not the pilot.

Quote:If I am underway with the autopilot in use, will the re-boot affect the autopilot?
If you're just in Auto mode, steering to heading, no. If you're in Track mode, steering to waypoint data then yes because the waypoint data would no longer be present whilst the Axiom's application software is restarting. In this instance the pilot would drop to Standby with a No Data alarm.

Before you do a reset though, it would be worth posting back here any MFD log-files that have been created. If an MFD restarts because of an internal problem then it's designed to save information about what went wrong as it does so, and those logs contain valuable information. You can find them in Home > Settings > Network > Diagnostics > and then 'Save this display's crash logs' and 'Save system logs'. This will copy the data to the MicroSD card, which you can then post back here and we can take a look.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-07-19 12:36 AM