Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics
11-18-19, 04:23 PM
RE: [CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics
Thank you Chuck ... your recommendations have given me a fair bit to consider ... I appreciate the succinct assessment of a shared systems' capabilities, and, the configuration caveat. The physical installation advice for the e165 is also well taken.

One remaining puzzling aspect to my older RC520 & SL70 displays is whether they belong to the hsb1 or hsb2 category/generation, or, if that distinction even matters, practically-speaking. Based on my reading to date, I became fairly certain they were 'hsb' (HighSpeedBus), aka 'hsb1' ... and I can understand why Raytheon/Raymarine would downplay the acronym's underlying long form description (, seeing as the immediate next generation ['hsb2'] needed to be differentiated from 'hsb', therefore retroactively making 'hsb' = 'hsb1',) and, how still later generations of higher bandwidth system busses made the 'HighSpeed ... ' descriptor antiquated.

Am I correct in assuming I have 'hsb' / 'hsb1' displays based on them being mono-chromatic? Or ?

Thanks, Kevin Mc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] integrate e165 & RD424HD w. older Raytheon electronics - Kevin McIntosh - 11-18-19 04:23 PM