The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
12-07-19, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 04:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement
I am looking for help with the installation of my RV-100 transducer. My boat has a deep V hull designed with a stepped transom. Everything I have read indicates it needs to go below the stepped transom near the center of the hull. This is well below the waterline. The obstacles are a garboard drain, scupper and compartmental drains and a B163 transducer on the starboard side and the same less the B163 on the port side.

Question 1 - Can you look at the attached photo and indicate where the best position for the RVB-100 would be? I would prefer the starboard side only because it is a shorter distance to the MFD but i am pretty sure the cable is long enough.

Question 2 - Hull Alignment. Since the hull is slanted and the transducer is flat I see there being three possible choices with regard to hull alignment. Can you look at the attached PDF and indicate which one is best?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.pdf  Alignment choices.pdf (Size: 90.97 KB / Downloads: 466)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RV-100 Transducer Placement - DFMott - 12-07-19 02:51 PM