Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help?
12-11-19, 09:42 AM
RE: [CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help?
Q1 The B260 is actually not mounted in a fairing block. The Keel has a flat surface part just forward of the center console and forward of the 2 steps (it's a double stepped deep-vee hull from 1988), where the keel fiberglass hull was actually cut to the shape of the face/head of the transducer and the face sits flush in line with the bottom of the keel so it does not protrude below it at all and is all continuously smooth. That is why if I do replace it not too keen on having to do any more cutting/glassing and would like to have the same shaped face put in there if not using the exact same B260.
A1. While is believe that you will find the the B260's shape and dimension have not changed and replacement should not require any modifications to the hull, Gemeco would be in the best position to confirm this. Again, providing them with the information printed on the currently installed transducer's tag would be recommended.

Q2. I am looking to use the RV-200 (currently do not have an RV installed, just the B260). I was going to install it just aft of the B260 which is on the keel flat surface part, about midship center of the hull or slightly aft of center.
A2. I would not generally advise installing transducers inline with one another, as any disturbance caused by the flow of water over the forward transducer may result in aeration of the RV transducer.

Q3. On a slightly different note; I am thinking of the options and maybe to go with the Axiom Pro RVX 9" and then an Axiom 12" chart-plotter/display only; Will that setup allow all of the features being used on the pro to be viewable/usable on the 12" display only kind of using it as a repeater display?
A3. This is a correct understanding of the capabilities of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs with regard to sharing data and system resources.

Q4. If that is the case I could then have the RV-200 transducer for the 3D/DV/SV/RV, and another 1kw thru hull for the deep sea ability like the B260, both plugged right into the back of the Axiom Pro and then can avoid having to go through the CP370? And would those then be view-able on the 'repeater screen' of the standard axiom 12" chartplotter display?
A4. Again, this is a correct understanding of the capabilities of the system. That said, anecdotal feedback from customers is that the depth & fish marking performance with 1kW and 600W transducers is better within systems utilizing a dedicated sonar module such as the CP370.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrading to Axioms, integration and Auto Pilot help? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-19 09:42 AM