Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse 19 compatibility with S2G course computer
05-11-20, 12:11 PM
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 19 compatibility with S2G course computer
Hi Chuck - hope all is good with you in these crazy times.

Thank you for all the software upgrade info. in the thread below. I believe I have successfully upgraded all the components in my system (see attachments). Had a few issues trying to get the system to recognize the boot code upgrade for one of my P70's and for the Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter but all in all this went very smoothly with your assistance below. Thanks again!

I have discovered that my wind transducer that was working fine before the upgrade (not sure of the model number but suspect it is E22078) is now reflecting data from the wrong direction. It is connected thru the iTC5 converter. I suspect I have to re-calibrate/align it? Assuming yes, a few questions ...

1) The wind calibration would be one through one of the four I70 displays right? If yes, does it matter which one and/or I assume it only needs to be done on one of the displays?

2) What exactly is the difference between the "calibrate" and "align" operations? If I am confident in the wind speed results but not direction do I only need to align?

3) Due to an unrelated matter (it appears my stored cordless drill slipped into a position too close the compass and and was throwing off the reading), I also want to use my P70 control to swing and GPS correct the fluxgate compass which is connected via the course computer. Seeing I will be going in circles anyway for the wind instrument, can I calibrate both at the same time and/or if no, does it matter which calibration I do first?

4) At some point hopefully relatively soon I hope to replace the fluxgate and S2G with the newer EV1 and ACU-200. I noticed my S2G does not require the RF connection but the ACU-200 does. I believe I have access to the copper grounding/bonding wire system for the boat in the general area of where the S2G/ACU-200 will be mounted. Just want to be sure I don't have to worry about introducing any stray DC current via the ACU-200 into the bonding system and introduce a new possible source of electrolytic corrosion?

Best regards,

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Lighthouse 19 compatibility with S2G course computer - tmass60 - 05-11-20 12:11 PM