Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Swapping out (2) E95's for (2) Axiom 12's?
01-16-20, 02:35 PM
RE: [CA11] Swapping out (2) E95's for (2) Axiom 12's?
Grady330,

Q1. What if I used (1) regular Axiom 12 S and (1) Axiom Pro S? Would this allow me to avoid the HS5 Raynet switch and simply use a 5 way seatalk connector?
A1. Negative. The system has four devices (a pair of MFDs, radar, and CP470) which are designed to be interfaced to one another via Ethernet communications. Accordingly, the MFDs would need to have no less than four Ethernet communications ports among them. As Axiom MFDs only feature one Ethernet communications port, you would be short one Ethernet communications port. However, should you elect to install a pair of Axiom Pro MFDs and should the system not presently feature a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, then the RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables and Digital Radar Cable may simply be unplugged from the e9x MFDs and will instead be interfaced to the Axiom Pro MFDs.

Q2. Could I run my B265lm CHIRP transducer directly into the Axiom Pro 12 S and bypass the CP470?
A2. Yes ... however, I wouldn't recommend exercising this option. The primary advantage of an external fishfinder sounder module is that its sole function is to process analog fishfinder transducer signals. As such external sounder modules do not have additional circuitry (ex. displays, WiFi, etc.) which can be a source of signal noise which can adversely affect fishfinder performance. Typically, external fishfinder sonar modules will provide the greatest level of fishfinding performance (depth and image quality) over a MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry. Anecdotal feedback has supported the information supplied above. Accordingly, I have generally recommended that the performance offered by dedicated fishfinder sounder module (ex. RVX1000, CP370, CP470, or CP570) be chosen rather than the internal fishfinder sonar found within MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Swapping out (2) E95's for (2) Axiom 12's? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-16-20 02:35 PM