Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
importing .gpx to MFD
07-27-16, 03:35 PM
RE: importing .gpx to MFD
Well, here's a continuing report on my problem.
MHD Redbrook "retrieving complete". No name conflicts because it was the first route I transferred.
Redbook Newport: name conflict warning. I checked "don't copy for all" and "card in use retrieving failed" came up.
Newport Mystic: I clicked don't copy" for one of the waypoints and "card in use retrieving failed" came up.
Mystic Cuttyhunk clicking one at a time "copy and replace" is worked.
Went back to do MHD Redbrook using copy and replace each waypoint and it worked.
Same for Redbrook Newport
Newport Mystic worked until "G35 Mystic RVR". This waypoint is the first in another route that did work, clicking one at a time for name conflict and choosing "copy and replace". There are 27 waypoints in the route (below the 200 allowed).
I then came back to the computer and deleted the G35 from waypoints, the Newport Mystic route and the Mystic Cuttyhunk route (which worked before). I then created the G35 waypoint and added it back in to all of the above.
Then reloaded the card with everything new (routes and waypoint file).
Now, at the boat:
Erased all data on the system.
Under waypoint groups "all waypoints" 945 are still showed.
Today's waypoints 895 are still showing.
Unsorted 945 are still showing
But only the number 945 or 895 or 945 are showing. When I press each category seperatly nothing (0) waypoints show for a number.
So, I restarted the a127
It then showed zero for all categories.
I then inserted my user card into slot 2 and the card was not recognized as being in the MFD.
I then shut down the MFD and restarted it. The MFD was able to read card slot two after the reset.
G35 was still the problem. "Card in use retrieving failed" for the Newport Mystic route clicking one at a time for name conflict and choosing "copy and replace.
When I tried to load the waypoint files "card in use conflict" and could not acknowledge OK. MFD was frozen had to shut down manually.
After The restart I started to load the waypoints one at a time because of name conflict and then got tired of doing that. I checked "do this for all" and pressed "copy and replace" (for all) and It went through with no problem.
So the issues are I can't "do this for all" and that "G35 Mystic RVR" waypoint.
Sorry this is so long and maybe a little convoluted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
importing .gpx to MFD - rltrbill - 06-07-16, 10:25 AM
RE: importing .gpx to MFD - mezrich - 07-04-17, 02:37 PM
RE: importing .gpx to MFD - ron@directedby.tv - 07-27-16 03:35 PM
RE: importing .gpx to MFD - mezrich - 07-05-17, 07:31 AM