The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Connecting AXIOM 7 to HS5; 5 mts distance
02-23-20, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-20 02:22 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Connecting AXIOM 7 to HS5; 5 mts distance
First question:
I need to connect 2 Axiom 7 and a Quantum q24c Radar antenna to an Hs5 switch. The distance of the HS5 to one of the Axiom 7 is 5 meters; the data cable that comes in the box of the Axiom7 is NMEA 2000; I bought a 1mt Raymarine SeaTalkng to DeviceNet female cable, but it is not long enough; I need to extend it. I understand that Raynet Spur cables can have a maximum of 6 mt. Is there any way to extend it using a compatible joiner cable? or any male to male connector for Raynet Spur to Raynet Spur cables?

Second question:
There is already a Raynet network (with aproximately a 5 mts backbone) on my ship; An ST 4000 autopilot with ACU100 controller, EV-1 Sensor, Autopilot controller (all of them connected to a 5-wayblock) and an AIS 650 Class B Transceiver are connected there.
My question is: how can I connect / integrate this backbone to the HS5 (it has 5 positions available and I would only use 3 for the 2 Axiom and for the Radar) so that both AXIOM 7 MFD can share the radar and also the data of these devices ?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Connecting AXIOM 7 to HS5; 5 mts distance - Fernando Lazcano - 02-23-20 06:13 PM