Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues.
03-01-20, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-20 08:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues.
Hi Chuck

So I performed the factory hard reset last week and also disconnected the NMEA2000 network. This left the internal GPS as the only position source for the Axiom 16RVX. The only other items left connected were the radar and external sounder module as shown in the diagram that I sent originally in the first post.

The unit continues to report completely erroneous CoG readings, with completely inaccurate radar to chart overlay as a result. The vessel was on one occasion shown in the incorrect location and then froze on another occasion. The GPS reception was checked and multiple satellites were available and being used, accuracy supposedly approximately less than 3ft.

The CoG was checked against a smaller Axiom 7" which was isolated from the Axiom 16RVX but connected to the N2K network, nothing else. It's behavior was normal and CoG values made sense as cross referenced to another independent CoG and also heading (No Drift Conditions). So the fault seems to be associated with the Axiom 16" or potentially it's network? Why the network would cause this behavior I don't know.

I'm at a loss and I really need your help.
Thank you.

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues. - PetrelMarine - 03-01-20 05:22 PM