Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues.
03-02-20, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-20 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues.
Hi Chuck

Thanks for your help today and your detailed feedback. I was unaware that the ICOM VHF behaved like that. Tonight I connected an 0183-USB converter to the VHF output and watched the data and can confirm that data is being looped back from the Axiom 16.

So when the data source is selected as the internal GPS on the Axiom 16, what happens when the VHF is turned on is the GPS status page indicates that 0183 is being used. I can't remember the exact wording but its something like " NMEA 0183 (5) to NMEA 0183 (1)". So you are absolutely correct, the VHF is looping the internal GPS data it's receiving and then the Axiom is re-using this GPS data when it is transmitted back. I can imagine that would cause all sorts of issues so this may be the problem, I am hoping it is. Your theory on the double application of the local variation/declination seems logical and hopefully that clears up with this also.

We will be testing the system again tomorrow, only this time with the VHF 0183 output disconnected. I will report back on how things go.
Thank you again for all your help sir.

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX Course Up Issues. - PetrelMarine - 03-02-20 11:44 PM