Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest
03-25-20, 08:09 PM
RE: [CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest
OK - last post hasn't been cleared by mods yet but I've solved that problem - perhaps only to create another?

The ST60 Depth is now successfully sending depth data to the MFD. The fix was to unplug the 2nd SeaTalk connector from the ST60. That was (presumably) receiving GPS data from an external GPS on the radar arch. This was part of the existing configuration so I didn't change it. However unplugging it worked and depth sends over now. The GPS data is no longer flowing anywhere but I suppose the MFD can supply GPS.

The only outstanding issue is that the autopilot does not appear as an instrument anywhere in the MFD. The only connection that I made to the autopilot was two wires that were on the NMEA 0183 Output connection on the old RL70C Plus. As I looked at the back of the unit the wire that used to connect to the top left got connected to the brown on the new MFD Power / NMEA 0183 input, and the top right got connected to the yellow.

It's possible (although I was very careful) that I switched those two wires? I can obviously cut them and switch them but I thought perhaps I'd post first and see what a likely troubleshooting routine would look like first.

Thanks
BD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Upgrade to Axiom and integrate the rest - BDofMSP - 03-25-20 08:09 PM