The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA11] P70R: Unable to follow tracks from Garmin MFD
03-10-20, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-20 02:14 PM by codingparadox.)
[CA11] P70R: Unable to follow tracks from Garmin MFD
Hello! The boat we purchased several years ago has all Garmin MFDs on an N2k network, and then a P70R/EV-1 autopilot system on SeatalkNG, with an N2k/STNG bridge connecting the two. The P70R can see all of the devices on the N2k network EXCEPT the three newer Garmin chartplotters (1242, 942, and 741) -- it used to be able to see the ancient 5012, but I recently upgraded that to the 1242, but it still wasn't able to track from the 5012. However, any routes spat out by the Garmin aren't able to be tracked by the P70R -- it simply says No Navigation Data when you hit "Track". I found this post (http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=3007) from 2017 describing the problem with later versions of the software, but our P70R unit is on 2.17, much older than the version described there where the bug surfaced.

Is it likely that, upgrading the P70R to the latest version (and the EV-1 with it) will actually solve this problem?

Having no Raymarine MFDs, to do a firmware upgrade to check, we have to find an MFD, plug it into our network, perform the upgrades, and then recalibrate everything, which looks like a bit of a bear of a process. So, before I go through the expense and trouble of doing that, I'm hoping for some indication as to whether or not I'll actually be able to do the route-tracking when I'm done. Spending the next year doing the ICW and inland navigation on the great loop, it'd be pretty helpful to be able to follow meandering routes by the plotter, so I'm hoping to be able to come up with a solution. :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] P70R: Unable to follow tracks from Garmin MFD - codingparadox - 03-10-20 09:26 AM