The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum Radar - send for repair or not?
03-15-20, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-20 04:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Question [CA11] Quantum Radar - send for repair or not?
I have a four year old Quantum radar that has failed. It no longer connects via WiFi or RayNet. I have followed the FAQ in this forum and numerous system and factory resets on the Axiom MFD. All software was at latest version and working well for months prior to the issue. Raymarine technical support advised to send it to New Hampshire for service. I have been trying to get advice from Raymarine by phone on whether it is worth sending it back versus discarding and purchasing a new radar - no responses yet, but this forum has always been great.

I have the following options for out of warranty repair:
$90 - ship it for evaluation
$900 - fixed price repair

We are currently in the Caribbean, so add another $300+ for shipping both ways to end up with a four year old radar with no warranty for $1200. I would welcome your thoughts on repair or not, and if not, whether the Quantum 2 features are a valuable $400 upgrade over another Quantum Radar.

Thanks,

Tim
SV Mojito
Currently St Martin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Quantum Radar - send for repair or not? - timgoodyear - 03-15-20 09:41 AM