Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
04-01-20, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-20 01:56 AM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
Hello Richie-mort,

I'm working offsite this week and don't have those devices to check against, but have asked a colleague to do so tomorrow and come back to you.

Other options, apart from having your local dealer have a look - and I struggle to see why this would cost anything like you've suggested they said, so possibly there was a misunderstanding about the work needing to be done - and your supplying dealer can't help either, then another option is to have our service workshop bench-test.
Alternatively, you could borrow a suitable STNG device (i70, MFD, p70) that can read traffic from and independently verify connections with each of the others in turn.

On the local service dealer - I'm pretty sure that if one of my colleagues or I were on the boat with our laptops, CAN analyser, oscilloscope and a test instrument or two, we'd find the problem in less than 20 minutes. If the local service dealer thinks that it will be much harder than this, perhaps suggest they give me a call in the office? With the right tools this is actually a very simple problem to diagnose, it's only difficult when you have no test products or appropriate test tools.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-01-20 01:29 AM