Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
04-14-20, 02:05 AM
RE: [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1
Hello Richie-mort,

EVs tend to be very reliable devices, and STNG hardware faults tend to be permanent. The only thing that comes to mind that I see as being a likely cause of an intermittent STNG fault in an EV is if it's been mounted such that the breather in the bottom is covered or wet (contrary to the installation instructions), and the housing has condensation inside. Intermittent issues can precede outright failure in such cases.

Something else to bear in mind is that because the EV is the one that shows an error indication on its LED first does not necessarily indicate that it's the one that's causing the problem. It might just be the one that checks for and flags errors sooner. A simple way to tell whether the EV is the cause is unplug it, and see whether the ACU is then listed in the p70's About System diagnostic page. If not, the problem isn't simply the EV. Either way, I'd get all three devices checked together rather than focussing on just one.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] No pilot - P70, acu100, ev1 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-14-20 02:05 AM