Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] RS125 - No communication
04-02-20, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-20 08:31 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] RS125 - No communication
Zulu,

Q. Does this confirm that the GPS unit is faulty and needs to be raplaced?
A. I do not believe that this is the case. I believe that there may be an issue with the manner in which the SeaTalk bus is being powered, resulting in an insufficiently powered SeaTalk bus or possibly a ground loop. It is recommended that you ensure that
- the MFD(s) have been updated with E-Series Classic MFD v5.69 software,
- the SeaTalk bus is only being powered from a switched 12VDC power circuit, that the MFD's SeaTalk / Alarm Cable not be used for anything other than connecting the systme to an external alarm (i.e. sever the cable's rec, yellow, and black leads if currently in use),
- that the MFD be interfaced to the system via the aforementioned A06061 / 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable,
- that the SeaTalkng Power Cable has been connected to a switched 12VDC power circuit,
- that the SeaTalk connections to the autopilot be inspected to ensure that one of the autopilot's SeaTalk port has been dedicated to interfacing and powering the autopilot control head(s) and wireless autopilot base station alone, and
- that the remaining SeaTalk connection to the autopilot's course computer ... which eventually connects the autopilot course computer and any SeaTalk devices (instruments, Raystar 125, etc.) to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is not utilizing the red terminal of the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port. The red lead of this SeaTalk Cable will not be used and should be insulated to prevent shorting.

Should the problem persist after having addressed the item specified within this response and my prior response, then please attach a system diagram identifying each marine electronics device within the system, how each device has been interfaced to the system, and how it is being powered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] RS125 - No communication - Zulu - 03-26-20, 07:23 PM
RE: [CA11] RS125 - No communication - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-02-20 08:07 AM