Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Navionics Platinum+ on Classic E-80
06-13-16, 10:39 AM
RE: New Navionics Platinum+ on Classic E-80
John,

I assume that your references to GHz and kHz (frequency units) were meant to refer to GB and and some other memory size units. While Raymarine has specified a maximum capacity rating of CF memory cards (32GB) to be used as chart cards for the C/E-Series Classic MFDs, it has not specified a maximum for the amount of data which may be stored on these chart cards. That said, I have a Platinum Plus US Northeast & Canyons chart card having over 7GB of cartography (2D: 260MB; 3D: 480MB; Image: 320MB; PB: 5MB; TopDown: 6.3GB) stored within it memory and this chart card functions quite satisfactorily with my E80 MFD w/v5.69 software. I suspect that the 2GB limit that Navionics has referenced is more specifically a reference to the quantity of 2D cartography which is stored on the chart card. It is recommended that you continue to work with Navionics to have them supply you with a chart card which works with your MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Navionics Platinum+ on Classic E-80 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-13-16 10:39 AM