The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] i50/i60 Power cabling
03-30-20, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-31-20 05:43 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] i50/i60 Power cabling
Hello there,

I have read the manuals and forums but have not found confirmation on my question regarding power cabling.

Instruments in my possession are:
- i50 Tridata + DST-800
- i60 Wind + wind vane

So far no other equipment to be networked. In future we may renew our old gps-plotter and at that time building a STng network is most likely the case.

Q1: Our current power cabling plan (as depicted in the attached jpg) is to connect the power cable to i60 instrument and connect the spur cable between i50 and i60 instruments. Transducers would be directly connected to the relevant instruments. Q1(a): Is this sufficient setting for power cabling? Or do we need a separate power cable for both instruments? Q1(b): Is there any data exchanged between the instruments?

Q2: If we later on acquire e.g. Axiom or Element S plotter/screen and would like to connect the DST/W data from transducers to the new plotter, could we simply built up a STng backbone to which the currently planned setup is plugged as follows: e.g. a 5-way Connector is acquired, the plotter (that is having its own power cable) is plugged thereto, the i50 and i60 instruments (that are connected to each other's with the spur cable) are plugged thereto by using another spur cable, and the power cable is unplugged from i60 and connected to the backbone insted? Could the data from DST/W transducers be replayed on plotter/screen in such a setting (i.e. do the i50/i60 instruments forward the data received from the transducers to the STng network), or should the transducers be separately connected to the STng network?

Cheers,

Maria
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] i50/i60 Power cabling - raymaria - 03-30-20 03:59 PM