Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick
04-13-20, 07:54 AM
RE: [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick
Dgfidler,

Q1. I’m going to assume the EV-150 will function fine without rudder feedback once I get off this v3.11 version.
A1. The V3.12 version of ACU software is indeed necessary to replace the v3.11 software which is presently installed within the ACU-150. While it is not necessary to install a rudder reference transducer for many applications, it is considered to be a best installation practice to install a rudder reference transducer to maximize performance of the autopilot, particularly when operating a slower speeds. Accordingly, it would be recommended that a replacement SmartStick be obtained should the autopilot's performance be found to be unsatisfactory following the software update.

Q2. Can use the Axiom to serve as a dedicated map and AP controller after the EV150 is calibrated and remove the P70rs from the system. I have looked at the documentation for the Axiom and see it can control the AP, but can it do it if the P70Rs is not connected? Can I replace the p70rs with the axiom 7 once I’m finished calibrating?
A2. As settings may be configured and Dockside Wizard may be executed via an Axiom MFD which is operating with the latest available Raymarine product software update, an autopilot control head need not installed. However, for applications where space permits, it would be considered to be a best installation practice to install an autopilot control head at each steering station onboard the vessel to ensure the most rapid access to the autopilot's controls.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] EV150 does not detect smart stick - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-13-20 07:54 AM