Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Seapilot & Raymarine
05-16-20, 12:29 PM
RE: [DG11] Seapilot & Raymarine
Hi Derek, and thanks for your reply.

So, it seems that the SeaPilot-chart is a one-off history as far as it goes on using it on my Raymarine Element 9-unit? I guess it's what it is, but if I read between the lines, you're saying that things might change, no?

But anyway, if I want to be assured that I have a chart installed that is update:able during 2020, has the ability to record my own sonar maps, I need to use a Navionics chart? I'm sorry for asking but since I'm a newbie when it comes to chart:ing together with depth recording i just want to know the best way of dealing with software.

A perhaps side note, but still: I have read that importing GPX-routes/coordinates isn't possible through wifi? Is that true? Seems like a super-bummer not to be able to say – plot a route on my computer/device at home and then sync my Element 9 when I get to the boat. I mean, come on … having to fiddle with saving the track/route to a MicroSD-card at home, and then have to switch SD-cards in the boat, import the route and then switch back again to the proper chart-card … really doesn't sound like a smooth operation? Ay news regarding s S/W-update that makes route-importing easy?

So to summarise: please give me a recommendation on what type/brand of chart I need to be able to use my newly purchased hardware plotter the best way (that is, using it for both navigation and depth examination). And also, pls give me a hint of any progress of adding wifi-sync/import/export of routes.

(I heard some guy from you guys talking on YT about a forthcoming update, making it possible to mirror the sonar screen onto an iPad/device, which sound really nice. Let's hope that all of this gets into a reality real soon!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] Seapilot & Raymarine - Blacktip - 05-13-20, 01:58 AM
RE: [DG11] Seapilot & Raymarine - Blacktip - 05-16-20 12:29 PM