Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom sounder image clutter with RV transducers
05-15-20, 12:31 AM
RE: [TG11] Axiom sounder image clutter with RV transducers
Hello Strbass28,

Yes, please do send us images, I'll be able to give you more concrete information once I can see what you're seeing. A couple of comments in the meantime though:
  • If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest having a read through this FAQ on sounder performance troubleshooting. I wrote that some time ago to help answer this sort of question.
  • If you have lots of near-surface clutter then you can reduce that with the Surface Filter control in Menu > Adjust Sensitivity. Surface Filter is effectively the old TVG which is used to selectively suppress near-surface clutter. You should use the lowest level of SF that you can - too high and you can suppress wanted returns - but it will help clean up the top part of the water column if you have a lot of clutter from particles in the water, wave action etc.

Once you can post some clear images back - both as you normally use the sounder and also ideally in the diagnostic gain setup described in the FAQ - then I can go further.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom sounder image clutter with RV transducers - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-20 12:31 AM