The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Tiller drive with (dis-)engagement clutch?
05-17-20, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 09:09 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Tiller drive with (dis-)engagement clutch?
Hi,
I have a 24ft sailing boat (Seascape 24) with an EV-1 autopilot system installed, using an above-board EV-100 tiller drive. Performance is great, both by course or wind, and I use it a lot. However, ..

The one thing that is really annoying is that in order to change to manual and back, you need to unhook it from the tiller (and make sure it's not banging around too much) and then, even worse, to fit it back on the little tiller pin. This, while you should worry about sails, direction,.. in an angled boat, is really unpractical.

So, the question is, does Raymarine plan to provide an above-board drive with a built-in engagement clutch, like the below-deck models have, in the near future?
I would upgrade immediately.

Additional question: in this configuration, would installing a rudder position sensor provide any benefits in performance?

Thanks for feedback, regards
Willy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Tiller drive with (dis-)engagement clutch? - wipi - 05-17-20 12:12 PM