The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade
05-19-20, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-20 11:13 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade
I have recently completed software upgrades on all components in my system (see attached files) including the iTC-5 which has speed, depth, and wind connected. I performed a calibration of the wind instrument (E22078 vane style) connected via iTC-5 which was working correctly before the software upgrade.

All steps of the calibration appeared to be correct throughout the 360 deg turning process with no error messages. Waves were calm, boat speed approx. 2 knots, true wind speed 5-8 knots.

After calibration however the wind speed reading does not seem indicate wind speeds much more than 7 to 10 knots despite true wind conditions later in the day that were considerably more than this. Please advise as to the next steps of trouble shooting or calibration steps you would recommend.

Also, my vane offset after alignment calibration comes out as 172 degrees. Is it typical for this offset to be such a large amount?

Thanks,

tmass60

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] Recalibration of wind instrument after iTc-5 software upgrade - tmass60 - 05-19-20 12:18 AM