Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] 3.11.42 update and no heading error
05-31-20, 09:48 PM
RE: [TG11] 3.11.42 update and no heading error
Hello Wdeertz,

Quote:I then manually switched to the AR200 for heading and immediately got a no heading warning. After this initial warning the chart displayed for the next several hours with no further alarms.

It's normal to get an alarm when switching data sources as there's a brief period during the change when the software has no source. Not something to be concerned about.

Quote:ok I was at the boat this afternoon and had the heading source manually selected for the auto pilot coming from the Seatalk converter. The chart was up for a solid 4 hours with no heading warnings. During this time the heading was consistently showing on the chart overlay +/-1 degree as the boat sway in the slip.

We have seen that alarms are only generated when heading is changing, but it sounds like either either of your two heading sources manually selected, you see no alarms? We don't recommend downgrading software except under supervision because not all software updates are reversible, so if a manual source selection clears the issue up then I would do that rather than look at downgrading software. In your system a manual heading source selection is probably a good idea anyway as the AR200's heading is so much better-quality (faster update-rate and more accurate) than the pilot's.

If the manual source selection proves not to have resolved the issue, please let me know.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] 3.11.42 update and no heading error - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-31-20 09:48 PM