Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting
06-16-20, 01:47 AM
RE: [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting
Hello Tony,

Good info, thanks. From the sound of it you have two different problems:

1. a failed EEPROM in your course computer such that it it no longer able to retain heading offset calibrations through a power-cycle.
  2. on your original fluxgate, a broken winding leading to a 'dead sector', which is what was giving the 'too fast' warning at the same point in the compass swing each time.

The EEPROM on the S2G's board can't be replaced and we don't have spares for them any longer, so your options would be either to fabricate a bracket to get the fluxgate into the correct orientation and keep going; find a used T150/T400/S2/S3 or the -G equivalents (T150 was the earlier name for S2, T400 for S3, it's ok to over-rate the course computer to S3, and you could transfer your existing gyro across if you got a non-gyro course-computer) to replace yours, or finally, upgrade to a new Evolution autopilot (EV-200 is the equivalent of S2G.)
I think I'd do a temporary fix by rotating the fluxgate and then budget to upgrade the pilot when you have a chance.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-16-20 01:47 AM