Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting
06-16-20, 02:08 PM
RE: [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting
Thanks Tom. Really appreciate the help - trying to diagnose what looks like two separate issues on related equipment was making things difficult.

Temporarily I'll probably just reset the heading to my match my magnetic compass each trip seeing it seems to hold the offset at least until the next time I turn it off/on. I think your idea to budget for an upgrade is for sure the way to go but I have to do some homework to sort out how to extend the SealtalkNG network to the ACU-200 and EV-1 locations. Just a couple of quick follow-ups ...

1) If for some reason I run across a reasonable deal for a replacement older style pilot I noticed there were the S2G AST versions like I have now and also some 150G AST models. It also seems like there are some S2G AST versions with numbers other than E12091 which is what is on my unit. Are there functional differences between S2G and 150G and/or the different S2G "E" numbers?

2) The ACU-200 has a RF Ground connection that from what I can tell was not required on the S2G. Is it crucial that I connect the RF Ground on a new ACU-200 or is it likely that if I have not had interference issues with the S2G I should be OK with the ACU-200 not having this connected assuming I install at the same location? It would just simplify the upgrade based on the current location if this wasn't needed.

Thanks again,

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Fluxgate compass / course computer troubleshooting - tmass60 - 06-16-20 02:08 PM