The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Type 2 Linear Drive Not Actuating
06-20-16, 07:05 AM
Type 2 Linear Drive Not Actuating
I have a Type 400G Course Computer driving a Type 2 Hydraulic Linear Drive (M81200). Upon pressing "Auto" the clutch engages as evidenced by the wheel locking but the Drive does not steer the boat (even when +/- 10 is pressed). I'm assuming the system is attempting to steer the boat because eventually the "off course" alarm initiates. Since the fluid reservoir is full I suspect something electrical. The voltage out of the course computer "Motor" terminals is ~ 6.5V when +/- 10 is pressed and the same voltage is also being seen at the black & red wires of the pump, but there is no apparent indication that the motor is running. Now for the questions:
1. Is ~ 6.5V an appropriate reading?
2. If so, are there any further tests I can run to verify that pump/motor condition? Can the pump/motor be rebuilt or is a new one needed. What type /model number?
3. If 6.5V is not appropriate is there any troubleshooting that can performed on the Course Computer?

Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Type 2 Linear Drive Not Actuating - BarefootBoy - 06-20-16 07:05 AM