Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
07-24-16, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-16 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158)
Hi, Chuck.

Here I am again on this subject.

I have updated all my Raymarine's instruments on board. I succesfully did it except with the ST-STng converter.

The software actual version of the converter is the 1.21.

I have downloaded the specific update file (update 2.01) from the Support page but when I place the memory card including only the update file (ray_Instruments20160523_.upgrade.iso) in the es78, it is not showed as an available update.

I have succesfully updated the es78 MDF, with the latest version (R17-v17.45a_v17.06p_v1.20G_v1.20n_v1.20r_v1.20j_v17.03m-ISO), which supposedly includes an update for the ST-STng converter, but the MDF list is still showing the 1.21 version for the converter.

As I have read in the Forum and in your answer below, this update should solve the problem with the converter blocking the access to the device list.

What else can I do to update the St-STng converter to the 2.01 version and thus be able to avoid the converter's blocking?

Regarding my 3rd question (see below), I have updated all the instruments and the es78 to the latest software versions. The HDS7 Lowrance MDF is fully NMEA2000 certified, and it is connected to my STng network. I can read the network info on the HDS7 (wind, depth, heading, COG, SOG, etc) so I understand that the integration of the HDS7 with the STng network is correct and functioning well. When I check the device list on the es78, I can see the HDS7 listed. But I still cannot select it as an alternative MDF. Any suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Many thanks!
Fernando
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Raymarine SeaTalk1 to SeaTalkng Converter Kit (E22158) - ferssini - 07-24-16 04:47 PM