The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand New System - Bizarre wind readings
07-20-16, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-16 06:28 PM by jeffhare.)
Brand New System - Bizarre wind readings
Hello,

We had a new RM system professionally installed last fall.

EV-200 Sail / T1 Linear drive with p70 head
I70 SailPack Depth/Speed/Wind
ITC-5,
2 - i70 display units
RD418 Radar

Kept our C90W for the time being but are planning to upgrade it also...

Everything appears to work great each time we head out ...for a while. After some period of time (1-4 hours), the wind display just freaks out and becomes useless for the remainder of the trip. Everything else is still fine.

I took a short video of what starts happening after a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI722tBB3l4

The power quality and voltage is not likely the problem as we have a ~400amp house battery system that runs everything for days before needing a boost.

I believe new supply & ground wiring was done from dedicated breakers for each major component. Makes no difference whether we have the AP or Radar powered up or not.

We tried powering down the entire system and then restarting just the instruments and it made no difference. Only seems to recover after being powered off for some unknown period of time like overnight.

All the equipment is registered and under warranty (3 yrs) but need to know how to get this working reliably. What should my next steps be here?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide!
-Jeff & Michelle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Brand New System - Bizarre wind readings - jeffhare - 07-20-16 10:17 AM