Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto pilot not following route!
08-08-16, 12:05 PM
RE: Auto pilot not following route!
Q1: If I set up a route and do not want to utilize it right out of port how do I set up my plotter to get on the course. My boat wants to do a "Crazy Ivan" and turn 180 degrees and go back to the stable.

A1: Per my initial response, use the Chart application's Waypoint Advance command to advance navigation to the next waypoint of the route which you desire to navigate to. Each execution of the Waypoint Advance command (MENU->NAVIGATE->ADVANCE WAYPOINT) will cause to be moved up to the next waypoint within the route's sequence. Accordingly, should the Waypoint Information data item specify that the waypoint being navigated to is the route's first waypoint, then executing Waypoint Advance once will cause the Chart application to navigate to the route's second waypoint. Executing Waypoint Advance a second time will cause the chart application to navigate to the route's third waypoint ... and so on.

Alternatively, should the route waypoint that you desire navigate to not be common to more than one route, then the Chart application may be commanded to Stop Following the route (MENU->NAVIGATE->STOP FOLLOW). The cursor may then be positioned over the route's waypoint which you desire to next navigate to, the OK button pressed, and FOLLOW FROM HERE selected from the waypoint context menu. Should you desire to have the vessel travel in a straight line from its present position to the waypoint being navigated to, then the Restart XTE command (MENU->NAVIGATE->RESTART XTE) may be executed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto pilot not following route! - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-08-16 12:05 PM