Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
10-29-19, 07:01 PM
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
I have two further questions. The first involves the existing autopilot which I would like to retain for now and work with the two new screens, Axiom Pro S 12 and Axiom 12. I will get a new switch, HS5 and use RayNet for communication between the two screens, SR-200, RA1048HD, and the external fish-finder box. In a previous answer you mentioned that:
Q3) I have an old ST7001+ autopilot which works fine and is not integrated with the present system. My plan is to replace it with an Evolution A/P eventually. Can this be left as a stand-alone unit with the Axiom screens for now until replaced next year?
A3. Yes. However, depending upon the model of autopilot course computer which the ST7001+ has been interfaced to, it may indeed be possible to interface it to the system to support use of the autopilot's Track mode feature.
1) I now know that the ST7001+ is connected to a "150G course computer". Will that support the Track mode feature? (My plan is to eventually replace this with an Evolution A/P and fully incorporate the SeaTalkng system.)
2) I will decide between using my current DSM300 (with an Airmar P319 transducer) to connect to the HS5 with an A80160 adapter OR move right to the RVX1000 external sounder module and get a pair of RV-212 transducers for RealVision. If I choose that route then the cable from the P319 (E66013) can be connected to the RVX1000 11 pin 1kW transducer connection with an adapter. Here is where I am confused: The P319 appears to have a 7 pin connector that went directly to the DSM300. What adapter do I now use to go from 7 pin to 11 pin?
Thank you for your assistance.
James
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - JP460 - 10-29-19 07:01 PM