Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Electronics
11-01-16, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-16 07:32 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: New Electronics
Chuck,
Thanks for the reply. As I noted, I currently have an S2 course computer with an external fluxgate compass. The computer is connected to a binnacle Smartpilot control, as well as to ST60+ binnacle wind instrument and depth sounder displays/controls. As I noted in a previous post, I am planning to install 2 Raymarine MFD's and Quantum radar; however, with the exception of my planned NMEA 0183 connection from the computer to the MFD, I do not plan to interface the existing displays/controls to the MFD's, but will rather keep them as separate components at the binnacle.
From what you note in your message to me, the S2 computer, although specifying in the operator's manual a 10hz availability, actually has only 1hz available. In this case I will need another source of heading data in order to use the MARPA feature of the MFD's. Would the Raymarine Fast Heading Sensor, connected via NMEA 0183 to the MFD be the best way to achieve this?
Regards,
BosSH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New Electronics - BosSH - 10-30-16, 02:37 PM
RE: New Electronics - BosSH - 10-31-16, 03:48 PM
RE: New Electronics - BosSH - 11-01-16 01:41 PM
RE: New Electronics - BosSH - 11-02-16, 07:04 AM
RE: New Electronics - BosSH - 11-03-16, 11:58 AM