The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commissioning Confusion
12-21-16, 03:18 AM
Commissioning Confusion
I finished the install of my EV-1, ACU-200 and P70 and did the initial setup and commissioning but I am unsure if I have major problems or not. The Dockside Wizard went smoothly. The rudder reference unit and autopilot pump checked out fine. I thought it was going to ask me if the rudder moved the correct way but it did not. I them proceeded with the sea trial but my display never showed the screen on page 46 of the manual indicating the max deviation. So I hit the restart compass menu item and it came back with a max deviation of 188 degrees. WOW - I was hoping for under 10. I thought there must be something major wrong so I took the ev-1 out of its mount and had my wife hold it 3' above the deck to see if there was some sort of interference. I reset it again and got the same - max deviation 188 degrees. So I put it back in its mount and continued.

I tried aligning the ev-1 with the GPS. That was hit or miss but the seas were not real smooth so it was not possible to hold a perfectly straight course. It did do it sucesfully 5 or 6 times. I then put it into auto and kept changing the heading and compared it to what the GPS was reading. The 2 did not always read the same - worst case was 7 degrees - best case was exactly the same but the system held its heading just fine - not sure if this indicates an issue.

I remembered reading in the manual that there was a way to display the deviation so when I got back to port I found it by hitting set-up - diagnostics - About Pilot and scrolled down and saw 0:45 for the time and 2 degrees for the deviation - but it doesn't say MAX deviation so I am not sure what that means.

Do I have major issues?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Commissioning Confusion - DFMott - 12-21-16 03:18 AM
RE: Commissioning Confusion - DFMott - 12-23-16, 01:02 AM