The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST-60 Speedlog issues
02-27-16, 11:31 AM
ST-60 Speedlog issues
We recently had our display returned from the maximum-flat-price repair. It appears fully renovated - without taking it apart, it appears the only original parts left were the outer shell.

That's good. But...

We have an RP-65 hand-held remote for our autopilot; it has light level selection as one of the keys. That previously translated to the speedlog. However, there is no effect on it now, and it appears that if there is any backlighting at all, it's at the minimum.

Secondly, we remove our impeller at anchor when we're not cruising (not when we're just stopped for a day or two), clean it, make sure the impeller itself moves freely, and reinstall as we're leaving. We have two adjacent to each other, the second being a Signet unit which came with the boat.

Both, for whatever reason, did not read initially. The Signet has started to register after about 40 hours of cruising time. The ST60 still shows zero.

I suppose it's possible I did not properly reattach the 5 wires, or there's some issue with SeaTalk. The SOG repeats from the GPS, which is through the C120MFD, so I expect that the SeaTalk connection works.

Ideas on either problem? How to troubleshoot the impeller without removing it?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip, off Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ST-60 Speedlog issues - skipgundlach - 02-27-16 11:31 AM