The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 remote mic and cable
02-16-17, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-17 02:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Ray70 remote mic and cable
I installed a ray70 vhf a few months back - all good with vhf and AIS

I ordered and received the remote mic kit with 10m extension cable - I installed that yesterday - one concern- the extension connector to the ray70 - the pins didn't look like they were lining up. After multiple tries to make the connection I slightly bent 2-3 on the pins on the extension cable and made a good connection - (I do have pics of the cable end and ray70 connector)

Today I connected the remote mic to the extension cable (extension cable is not mounted to bulkhead yet so mic connection is just to the cable end connector - seemed like a strong connection.

I powered up the ray 70 - good vhf

I powered on the remote mic and nothing at first (no power indicated). After several presses on the "on" button on the remote mic, the screen darkened and displayed a couple horizontal lines and then went blank.

Remote mic with 10m extension cable is connected to ray70

Remote mic on power-up shows red led back light but nothing on the mic display

Ray70 maintenance check shows handset is not recognized

Ray70 maintenance shows version v1.24 manual states handset must be either VH1.01 or VH1.04

How can I check the handset version software and how then can I install correct software to the handset

Can you help with diagnosis
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-16-17 04:56 PM
RE: Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-17-17, 06:29 PM
RE: Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-22-17, 04:08 PM