Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 remote mic and cable
02-17-17, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-17 01:59 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Ray70 remote mic and cable
Ok, I have been reading about the software - my ray70 shows v1.24. The ray70 is not recognizing the presence of the handset so I don't know that version - because the handset shows a red LED on the controls and the screen is light, I think it is a software compatibility issue.

I have a MacBook Pro and tried to download both the bootload file (V1.35) and the application file (VH1.06)

I managed to get the download "open box" looking icon onto my desktop but could not double click to open them - I dropped the boot load box into a msd card and left the application "box" icon on the Mac .

My e7 has 2 msd cards inserted - I removed both upper and lower msd cards and inserted the new msd with the Bootload box icon - the e7 said there was no new data

Should I have left one of the msd cards in the e7 instead of taking both out?

Did I download incorrectly?

I did download the two files: application file and bootload file - I downloaded both into Dropbox and dragged each to my MacBook Pro desktop. I dragged the bootload one to a msd and left the application one on the desktop

At the boat - I powered up the e7 and ray70 (I turned off the p70/autopilot). The e7 has 2 msd slots - top one is Navonics, lower slot is "my data"

I removed the "my data" lower msd card and inserted the newly loaded msd with the bootload file. Set-up / Maintenance / Check card for updates

Screen showed window pop-up saying checking for updates with the spinning bar for about a second, screen showed only the e7 lighthouse logo and then defaulted to a navigation/gps page screen.

Repeated several times with using just the boot msd and removing both the navonics and my data card - each way I tried I got the same screens.

Suggestions?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-16-17, 04:56 PM
RE: Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-17-17 06:29 PM
RE: Ray70 remote mic and cable - tomsp - 02-22-17, 04:08 PM