Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temperature transducer
03-27-17, 08:19 AM
RE: temperature transducer
John,

Should you click on the link within my prior response, you will find that it will display the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 networking page including a diagram of a somewhat large SeaTalkng backbone. The SeaTalkng Reference Manual may be downloaded here. Within this manual you will find complete information concerning how a SeaTalkng backbone is constructed. Should you need onboard technical assistance, then you may want to consider contacting a Certified Raymarine Installer in your area.

Regarding use of the HT200 to address a failed thermistor within a fishfinder transducer within a system featuring E-Series Widescreen MFDs, it should be noted that unlike the MFD designs which followed the E-Series Widescreen MFDs, your MFD and the MFD designs which preceded it did not feature support for more than one source of any type of data within the system (ex. GPS, depth, temperature, wind, etc.). Accordingly, the MFD will report temperature from the fishfinder. Should the MFD (and any other SeaTalkng device not supporting Multiple Data Sources) be temporarily disconnected from the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone and the Data Source Selection feature then be used on the i70 MFID to select the HT200 as its sea temperature data source, then the MFD may afterwards be interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone and then the i70 MFID will report sea temperature sensed by the HT200.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
temperature transducer - dr john - 03-19-17, 07:42 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-26-17, 08:06 PM
RE: temperature transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-27-17 08:19 AM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-28-17, 08:29 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-30-17, 03:30 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-31-17, 02:05 PM