Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temperature transducer
03-31-17, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-17 08:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: temperature transducer
John,

Q. What do I do with the SThs unit which is connected to the MFD, CP370 and the radar? Nothing? Do I disconnect it from the MFD since I am added the i70 and connect it to the i70 instead, and leave the other connections alone? I assume I leave the current power connections alone as well.
A. The E-Series Widescreen MFDs feature four communications interfaces (Ethernet (SeaTalkhs), SeaTalk, SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000, and NMEA 0183). Depending on the types of interfaces found on the other devices within one's system, one, two, three, or all four of the MFDs' communications interfaces may be utilized. In the case of the items which you have identified thus far,
- the MFD's Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) communications interface is being used to communicate with your system devices having very high communications bandwidth requirements (i.e. the CP370 and radar transducer). Should you examine the system more closely, you will find an Ethernet network switch within the system to with the MFD, CP370, and radar transducer have all been connected.
- the MFD's SeaTalkng communications interface has is being used to communicate with some of your system's devices having somewhat less communications bandwidth requirements. Please refer the link provided in my initial response to information concerning a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Each device having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface (Data Master E-Series Widescreen MFD, i70, SPX30, ST70 AP Control Head, must each be interfaced as a spur to the backbone. Based upon the description of your system's backbone, it does not appear to have been properly constructed ... specifically, it has not been properly terminated as you have indicated that the backbone's two backbone sockets (blue) are unoccupied ... these should each be filled with a SeaTalkng Termination plug. I have previously provided a link to address how the backbone may be extended to provide additional spur sockets (white) to the backbone to accommodate additional devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface such as the HT200. Information has also been previously provided regarding how the HT200's DeviceNet plug may be adapted to be mated to a SeaTalkng spur socket. The most complete information concerning SeaTalkng networking may be found within the SeaTalkng Reference Manual ... as strongly recommended resource for those constructing / modifying a SeaTalkng network.

No changes should be required to the manner that the MFD has been interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone nor the manner in which the system is powered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
temperature transducer - dr john - 03-19-17, 07:42 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-26-17, 08:06 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-28-17, 08:29 PM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-30-17, 03:30 PM
RE: temperature transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-31-17 07:59 AM
RE: temperature transducer - dr john - 03-31-17, 02:05 PM